Tuesday 14 April 2009

Chris Morrell paints my wagon......

'Tiny' used to be a pristine white Land rover 130, this however was no going to cut it for the Oz Rally.....

Following a local advertisment for an artist to paint my wagon, Chris Morrell more well known for his fine art work on motorbikes gave me call.

A date was set for mid Feb "As long as its not too cold it wont be a problem" was the last statement Chris made to me......

With a tight schedule for Chris to work in and limited options for location we set on taking 'Tiny' to Recklinghausen in Germany for its make over, it was freezing cold but Chris decided to work under a tent....

As an ex REME man Chris was used to working long hours I asked him why he left the REME he said " I hated working out doors in the cold and I cant stand land rovers"

So thats two for nil I thought, one bit of good news was though that Chris is a highly thought of artist in very high demand and I knew he would really give 'Tiny' a makeover worthy of the Rally.

I did not at the time know what Chris was planning, a week later I was stunned at the work Chris had done, 'Tiny' actually is a bit of a big lad....imagine painting the whole thing with an airbrush with a 0.4mm nozzle!!

You can find examples of Chris Morrells work at

www.chrismorrell.com

If you need a paint job and it needs to be a bit special he's your man.

Chris undertook the entire project at COST in support of the Rally and Team 'myescape'

No comments:

Post a Comment